Being first with innovative new products is a continuing goal for Aloha - to better serve you, our customer. We are pleased to announce that as of April 2010, Aloha Petroleum / Aloha Island Mart locations now sell Diesel Exhaust Fluid on Oahu and the Big Island.
Information to know about Diesel Exhaust Fluid
- Starting this January, all 2010 diesel-powered “engines” manufactured in the United States and Europe will be built with a Selective Catalytic Converter (SCR) as a standard part of the diesel exhaust system. Please check your owner's manual to see if SCR applies to your vehicle.
- SCR is a federally mandated Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirement.
- SCR exhaust systems are designed to 1) reduce diesel engine NOX emissions and 2) improve fuel economy by as much as 5%.
- One gallon of DEF is to be used for every 300 miles driven. It will be a required part of the engine’s regular maintenance schedule, similar to oil changes.
- DEF is not intended for the fuel tank. It is to be put into SCR exhaust system.
- Air1® is provided by the world's largest diesel exhaust fluid supplier, Yara through the DeliveryONE Network of distributors
- Air1® is certified by the API (American Petroleum Institute) and meets ISO 22241 specifications
- Air1® is available in 2.5 gallons bottles, 55 gallon drums, 275 & 330 gallon IBCs as well as bulk product
- Air1® customers always have a guaranteed supply
- Air1® is available nationwide at a local level
- A full range of certified and DEF approved equipment is available for all Air1® packaged product and bulk sizes